There is a huge variance between health funds and level of cover so it is best to ask your health fund what your level of cover provides. We can however provide you with an estimate via HICAPS if you present your card at one of our clinics.
Are telehealth consultations covered by private health funds?
Telehealth consults are covered for DVA, EPC and workcover.
Private health funds will cover telehealth consults from 12th April, with the following criteria:
- The customer is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the customer has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
- pelvic floor muscle training