Video consults (Telehealth) can be effective for the following:
- Professional assessment and remote treatment of spinal and limb conditions
- Rehabilitation programs following injury or surgery
- Sports injury management
- Specialised assessment and management of back and neck problems
- Chest and respiratory physiotherapy
- Flexibility programs
- Physiotherapy delivered exercise programs
Video Consults have shown near-perfect agreement with face to face consults in the diagnostic and management decisions relating to patients with lumbar spine, knee and shoulder pain and post joint surgery (Cottrell, 2018; Pastora-Bernal, 2017).
Your Physio will be able to:
- Diagnose your injury
- Educate you about the mechanics of how it occurred
- Refer you to a specialist if required or for medical imaging
- Provide advice on activities to avoid
- Provide rehabilitation exercises, stretches, advice on the recommended treatment
- Check the technique of certain exercises or stretches.
Your Physio can show you self-massage and treatment techniques to ease your pain and stiffness.